Tim Brunson, PhD
Doctor of Philosophy in Clinical Hypnotherapy
This is the page where I can say that I've been a lot of places and done a lot of things. The truth is that I have. You see, I'm a career student who has not only taught at two universities, but I've also constantly gone to school and attended numerous conferences. While I love taking on challenges like learning an additional language or learning to fly helicopters, I have migrated from the business world (and the military where I retired as a Army Reserve Colonel) to the almost full time study of mind-body modalities. I currently have over 2,700 documented hours of training. Also, I have trained under some of the top names (including many authors) in the field.
Starting with NLP back in the early 1990's, I quickly became interested in hypnosis. Then after meeting several of the more elightened psychological and medical professionals, I became seriously interested in mind-body phenomena. This led me to experts in the area of energy psychology and energy medicine, two fields that help explain the totality of our being. Parallel to these studies I continually crossed paths with many Bon-po and Tibetan Buddhist masters. I quickly became interested in how their ancient studies matched our current interests in human nature and potential. Most recently I have been studying artificial intelligence, genetic expression, sound, music, and film. Specifically, I am curious as to how these areas relate to my interest in transforming human traits, changing human physical health, and helping us reach our potential.
I've included this page so that the public (including clinicians) can learn more about the personality behind the sessions available through this site.
Education and Credentials
Received Hypnosis/NLP/and Mind-Body Health training from such notable instructors as Dr. Ernest Rossi, Dr. Tad James, Dr. Richard Nieves, Dr. Robert Dilts, and Bill O'Hanlon. Additionally, I have received significant training in Tibetan traditions from several high level lamas to include the 14th Dalai Lama.
- Bachelor of Arts (political science) - Loyola University of New Orleans
- Master of Business Administration (finance and management) - Jacksonville State University (Alabama)
- Master of Public Administration (economics) - Jacksonville State University (Alabama)
- Master of Strategic Studies - United States Army War College
- Doctor of Clinical Hypnotherapy - American Pacific University
- Doctor of Philosophy (Hypnotherapy) - American Pacific University
- Master NLP Practitioner - The Mid-South Institute of Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- Certified NLP Trainer - Neuro-Energetics
- Forensic Hypnosis - International Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy Association
- Helicopter Pilot - Private License
- Founder and Executive Director of The International Hypnosis Research Institute
Current or Past Memberships: American Board of Hypnotherapy, American Board of NLP, Association of Humanistic Psychology, Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology, Complementary and Alternative Medicine Association (Georgia), the International Hypnosis Federation, the American Academy of Pain Management, the International Society for the Study of Subtle Energies amd Energy Medicine and the Louisiana Hypnotherapy Organization, the National Guild of Hypnotists and the International Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy Association.
During my career I have been certified by the following organizations: Hypnotherapy by the American Board of Hypnotherapy, the International Medical and Dental Hypnotherpy Association, the International Hypnosis Federation, and the National Guild of Hypnotists. Neuro Linquistic Programming by the American Board of NLP (certified as a NLP trainer).